Re: Fluorescent Bulbs Are Known to Zap Domestic Tranquillity; Energy-Savers a Turnoff for Wives

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> FWIW, my N-vision CFL floodlight has begun to take a very long time to
> warm
> up and appears never able to reach its initial brightness level.  Too bad,
> because it looked like a real winner at first.  My wife wants it gone from
> the kitchen!  I concur.  Slow warmup is really, really annoying when you
> want to look at something right away.

I have a house full of those N:Vision PAR-30 floods equivalents.  They come
in 2 or 3 colors.  The warm ones are pretty good.  Yes they take a long time
to warm up (30-90 secs).  I commented on that in a prior post.

Currently I have 5 recessed cans in my kitchen and primary lighting, 7 in
the master suite, 4 in the great room and 6 more elsewhere in the house.  If
I used incandescent in all of them the whirring of the electric meter would
be deafening.    We have learned to adapt to the warm up.

Check the "color" of yours.  The non-warm ones were pretty stark.

Dan Wright