Re: X10 continuous bright problem...

martin.reynolds@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Thanks, all. Dave, your point on the BX24 s a good one: mine feeds a
>PC which runs an Ocelot, and it was reporting nothing on the RF link.
>
>The odd thing is that I opened ALL the breakers, and still found the
>signal on two separate legs, with each only powered on individually.
>Ialso pulled the coupler/repeater, that was not the guilty part.
>
>Had I then connected my tester across one line and neutral, I would
>have had a definitive observation instead of vaporized PCB traces.

Unless the RF source is out of range of the BX24-AHT it would appear that
your gremlin is definitely PLC based and possibly coming from "out there".
Do you have any 230V loads that might serve as a passive coupler?

There have been a few (rare) reports (mostly from the West Coast) of power
companies using load management signals that cause problems for X-10. Could
that be the case here?

You can borrow an ESM1 X-10 meter from AutomatedOutlet.

     http://www.automatedoutlet.com/product.php?productid=463&cat=0&page=1

If you decide to keep it, you can do a simple modification that will let you
use it with a soundcard "Line-In" to record what's on the powerline as a
.WAV or .WMA file. See my preliminary web page on this at...

     http://davehouston.net/ESM1-TEST.htm