Finishing Wiring Closet

Hey gang,

	I'm building a new house. I've already pretty much decided
what wiring I want (a lot) and where/how to run it. My question
involves the finishing of the wiring closet.

	I would like to wire it more like a commercial building, due
primarily to the large number of cables I will be running. This means
that I will be terminating the cables on patch panels in a
freestanding rack, instead of using wall-recessed HA panels.

	So, I'm looking for suggestions as to how to bring lots of
cables from the wall/ceiling space into the wiring closet and to the
rack such that it looks nice, neat, and finished. And, of course, it
has to meet fire code. FYI, the ceiling is not a plenum.

	Yes, I could just chop a hole in the ceiling and dangle them
down. But, that would hardly look very nice. I'd really like to end up
with something that looks like I know what I'm doing, versus an
explosion in a sphagetti factory. :-)

Thanks!