Re: Water heater eating X-10 signal

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>      http://davehouston.net/ESM1-TEST.htm
>
>Does that pattern read 011101?

Yes, I scrolled the display to a startcode before capturing the screen.

BTW, I think the noise is from my Dell 17" CRT monitor. I'm not sure whether
it's EMI affecting the ESM1 or on the powerline but the ESM1 only shows it
when the monitor is awake a displaying something.

I wrote some software a few years ago that automatically scans a .WAV file,
cleaning up the noise, normalizing amplitudes, outputting a CCF code and
displaying the waveform in an oscilloscope like plot. That way people could
capture IR & RF codes and send me the .WAV file rather than having to send
me the hardware so that I could quickly convert them to CCF. If ever I start
feeling better I might be able to do something similar to automatically
analyze X-10 PLC codes recorded this way.