Re: Universal Remote Help!

> Got a pc in there? If so see
> http://www.girder.nl/products.php?section=girder

Yes, you could add a USB-UIRT to the PC (to get both IR input AND output)
and then use the girder software to handle translating the IR commands.
Actually, I'm not sure how well the USB-UIRT would work in this case, as
he'd need more than one IR zone.  I can't recall how many the USB-UIRT
supports, nor can I think of any alternatives at the moment...

But you'd be talking about having the PC receiving commands from an existing
remote and then sending appropriate ones out to the destination devices.
This way you could use different IR device commands for sending (to handle
uniqueness) and then sending the correct ones to the desired device. You
could use TV brand X to represent one TV, brand Y for the second and brand Z
for the third one.  The girder on the PC would see the commands for brand X
and be programmed to send out commands to the first TV, and so on.  It'd be
a bit tedious learning and programming the IR codes, but not all that
difficult.

But by the time you get all this cobbled together and working (reliably) you
might want reconsider investing in an MX3000 or other RF remote than has IR
emitters that support routing.

-Bill Kearney