Re: EIB / Gira Information Needed

I've learned how to handle the stuff at first by reading a (dutch) course
about ETS v2 and by using the ETS starter edition.  Since that one is really
limited, I moved on to ETS Pro.  This stuff you basically need to program
the devices.
http://www.konnex.org/knx-tools/ets/ets-tester-starter/

Since then I've found some documents that explain about the protocol.  There
is a lot of information available on EIB, but not very well strutured I have
to say.  There are official docs, but they are not (all) for free.

Personnally I use a BCU2 (FT1.2 protocol) to connect to the EIB bus and I
use a home brewn variant of leibnix and eibd to talk to my EIB components.
http://www.leibnix.de/
https://www.auto.tuwien.ac.at/~mkoegler/index.php/eibd

Eddy