Re: RFID Flap Silences Security Researchers

In article <U-adnXRmNtu_EZPbnZ2dnUVZ_qKqnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>, no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms (Robert L Bass) writes:
| > Reconsider what?
|
| Reconsider obscuring it.  Of course, if you
| have it memory no problem.  My problem is
| almost anything not written down I forget.  :^)

Writing it down is fine as long as it isn't on the card.  If it is on
the card then anyone to whom you hand the card can read it along with
the card number.  Since the CVV2 is not required for card-present
transactions I'm not sure what the benefit is of having it visible
on the card.  N.B.  I'm still not convinced that the CVV2 is in any
way intended to benefit the card holder in the first place.  I'd be
interested to know if anyone has had additional trouble disputing a
fraudulent charge where the correct CVV2 was provided.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com