Re: heat imprint cable marker

"E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:euk1hb$443$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I know these machines have been discussed in this group before, but I
can't
> remember what they're actually called to search for one and to figure out
> how much they cost. I'm talking about the machines that have a wheel onto
> which you set, say, "Kitchen speakers" and as you pull the cable through
the
> machine it stamps those words onto the cable at a regular interval.
>
> Anyone know where to get one, how much they cost, or what they're actually
> called?

I think they are called:

http://www.taymer.com/html/hot_stamp_wire_marker___contin.html

Those are industrial machines - perhaps there's something smaller.  I have
the big box of Crayola crayons.  I hold one against the wire (I use mostly
white cable) as I pull it from the box.  That stripe usually is enough to
help me ID the cable when it's actually through the holes.  I think there
are 78 colors, although there really are a dozen or so I can distiguish
without error.

--
Bobby G.