Re: Drilling for conduit

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:43:16 -0500, Lewis Gardner
<lgardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<46076b83$1_3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Third is the stout drill requirement, you will not be able
>to drive a 2 9/16" selfeed with a homeowner type drill and right angle
>adapter.

Folks that 'graduate' to a powerful hand drill might not realize that their
high torque can make them dangerous if not used with caution and skill. If
the bit bind, they don't necessarily stop, rather, they can smash your hands
or face or whatever else is in the way.

Years ago, a friend of mine who also something of a tool and safety freak
lost a substantial part of his long beard in a split second. Ouch!

>1. You can dill a pilot hole first with a 1/4" bit and see where it goes
>then follow that hole with the hole saw. If you really want to be sure
>you don't wander replace the arbor's pilot bit with a piece of 1/4" rod.

Great tip!  My knuckles would have appreciated it ;-)

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org