Re: N:Vision CFL's

"Marc_F_Hult" <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:m3ea03t9ttsh4q2bb3g3m8hdkic903aiv6@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 05:42:11 -0400, "Robert Green"
> <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> <7JidnR3oxIIFb5nbnZ2dnUVZ_qLinZ2d@xxxxxxx>:
>
> [Mercury discussion unrelated to subject deleted]

[More that just "mercury" discussion unrelated to subject restored!!!!]

<<I was referring to what happens in areas that use no coal.  It complicates
the mercury equation in Norway, at least.  They were putting no mercury in
the environment before but the use of CFL bulbs gives them a recycling
issue.  I was also thinking about what John said about CFL's tending to be
used during off peak hours, and those are typically not fueled by coal as
much as other sources.  I don't believe there's really solid data on
recycling yet, either, since so many bulbs are new.  We don't know if their
owners will recycle them responsibly.  Those unknowable events are still in
the future and can't really be "solved for" can they?>>

Is snipping what you do when you're stumped with an answer about the unknown
future costs involved in recycling?  How can you compute the cost of adding
more mecury to the environment when you don't know where it will end up
until it does?

> >There are lots of competing claims, the most interesting among them being
> >CFL equivalency ratings are overblown.  A poster to the discussion at
> >wikipedia says that his tests show that CFL's claimed to be equivalent to
> >100W lightbulb are actually noticeably dimmer.  This is something I mean
> >test since I "scored" a number of the N-Vision CFL's at Home Depot
tonight:

> How many watts does your refrigerator use?

What's it to you, bub?  I'm not here to do your bidding.  You're confused
about how things work around here.  You get ignored by most clear thinking
people when you go into your harpie mode as you just have.  I'm sure DW's
wondering how he got his head handed to him for having an opinion that wasn'
t exactly yours.  You *are* a hoot. But perhaps not the way you think.

> We were treated to hundreds and  hundreds of lines of posts on this topic
> with lottsa discussion. Follow-up?

Adults had intelligent discussion (in a discussion group, figure that!) and
my problem got solved.  We both know you're looking for information to harp
on.  What do you honestly think your chances of getting information from me
or ANYONE when your ill intent is showing as plain as the tattoos on
Brittany's skull?  That's bizarre behavior, buddy.  I've been told than
unappropriate social response can be a sign of Alzheimer's or Asberger's
Syndrome.  Normally I just ignore you when you get bilious, but if there's a
medical reason I would feel badly if I didn't note that I see disturbing
symptoms.  If CHA were a live meeting hall, some of the things you say would
leave jaws hanging.

> Summary? Results?
>
> >I'll have to dig out my Gossen Luna Pro lightmeter so I can
> >make some meaningful measurement if the CHA research committee stipulates
it
> >to be accurate enough for the purpose!  (-:
>
> Spectral response of the meter is important esp wrt fluorescents. The
spectra
> of  5500K and 3500K n:vision compact fluorescents are here:

And now you go from attack mode back to "how ya doing bub" mode as if there
was no perceptible change in tenor.  That's just spooky and it's always
where I start another 30 day rip.  Thanks for the pointer to N-Vision.  No
thanks for the bile.

--
Bobby G.