Re: N:Vision CFL's

"Marc_F_Hult" <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message >

> The warmup period for the 2700K and 3500K is completely negligible
> starting
> from room temperature (I previously posted data showing rapid warm-up
> starting at 0F (-18C)).
>
> As the physics would suggest, the 5500K takes longer to warm up.

Huh?

The color temperature of a light source is determined by comparing its hue
with
a theoretical, heated black-body radiator. The Kelvin temperature at which
the
heated black-body radiator matches the hue of the light source is that
source's
color temperature, and it is directly related to Planck's law of black body
radiation.

An incandescent light is very close to being a black-body radiator. However,
many
other light sources, such as fluorescent lamps, do not emit radiation in the
form of a
black-body curve, and are assigned what is known as a correlated color
temperature
(CCT), which is the color temperature of a black body which most closely
matches
the lamp's perceived color. Because such an approximation is not required
for
incandescent light, the CCT for an incandescent light is simply its
unadjusted Kelvin
value, derived from the comparison to a heated black-body radiator.

Michael