Re: Insteon/X10

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:M7Wdndq9PeIkTZ7bnZ2dnUVZ_ternZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx
> "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote > "Paul" <PAUL_R_JACOBS@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote in message
>
> Seriously, though, the photo at:
>
> http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/x10_info/cfl_noise.jpg
>
> really shows how several CFL's operating in proximity can generate some
> very
> interesting noise patterns.

That one was interesting as the pattern seemed to be "alive" with those
bursts constantly changing in ampltude as signals summed together.  The
reason the bursts appear in the X10 transmission window is that the CFL
frequency drops into the X10 bandpass near the zero crossing.  At the center
of the waveform the chopper is running at a high enough frequency that the
bandpass filter rejects the CFL noise.

> http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/x10_info/x10_couplers.htm  is remarkably
> thorough.  Great diagram work, too, showing how the breakers are connected
> to the different phases

The simulations really show why a coupler is so important.

> I'd create a simple template for each page so that when you got to the
> bottom of one you could jump to another, but that's a minor gripe.
>
> http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/x10_info/x10_reliability.htm  is one of the
> few
> pages missing a "return" at the bottom.

That was the first one I did, so I'll have to go back and add a link.

> Very impressive piece of work, Jeff.

Thanks!

> Now get to work completing:
>
> http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/x10_info/x10_collisions.htm

I'm addressing that issue with the enhanced repeater version of the XTB-II,
and I'll complete that document when I finish the firmware.  Right now I'm
sort of derailed due to the April 15 date screaming at me.  Also, Mouser
backordered some of the parts that were listed as stock when I placed the
order.

Jeff