Re: DIY motorized shade... a few questions...

Thanks for the info, Marc.  The Add-A-Motor looks like it does what
I'm looking for out of the box.  However, due to the conspicuous
location of this window, I'm not sure the wall-mounted box will appeal
to the Mrs. but, I'll float it past her and see what she says.  Plus,
I'm assuming the Add-A-Motor has an AC adapter... I'm not sure where
I'd plug that in.  I was hoping for a DC powered solution.

Are there any solutions that can mount possibly up near the top,
behind a valance?

I'm mostly adept with a soldering iron, so if it means wiring a motor
to a ir/rf conrol, I'm entirely capable.  I'm just not what sort of
motor to look for.

Actually, *this* is exactly what I'm looking for (exept I want it to
operate oppositely - closed when dark, open when light):
http://www.makingthings.com/teleo/teleo/cookbook/autoblind/index.htm

But, I'm willing to forgo the photosensing feature for a remote.