>> That means residential lighting uses
>> 8.8/3 or 2.933% of total electricity,
>> not the 22% claimed in the article...
>
>Regardless what percentage of the total
>is used for lighting, each incremental
>step we take to reduce energy usage
>reduces pollution and reduces our
>dependence on foreign oil.  Since both
>of those are (IMO) worthwhile objectives
>I believe it's a good idea to use more
>efficient lighting.  That includes CFLs.

Here in Canada we tend not to use oil to create electricity.
That said.. I'm more interested in the logevity of CFLs.. I bought a
whole house full of them 2 years ago and each and every one of them is
now kaput. Different brands, some even from Ikea.

At this rate I'd rather pay a little each month than about $150 every
year or so

Beamer Smith