Re: DST and My Computers

> That's a psychological benefit, and a nice one, but the converse is that a
> lot of people get up and go to work in total darkness.  I found that
> pretty
> depressing during the years I did it.  "OH" Dark Thirty was the Army's
> phrase for it.  Here's another interesting item I found that adds another
> dimension to the problem:

I get up in the dark all winter anyway.  I can get up, and get to work
equally well in the dark as in the light.
I cannot do things outside after work in the dark as well as in the light.

> information campaign around daylight-saving time, reminding people to
> change
> the batteries in their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors when they
> change
> their clocks. The last weekend in November is too late for the reminder,
> fire officials say."

Lets see, a battery that will easily last for a couple years is a problem if
it gets used for 248 days instead of 220?
Gimme a break.  If the battery could not be relied on to last for the 248
days, the 28 days less won't make a significant difference in reliability.
Basically as stupid of logic as the farmer that was complaining that he had
an hour less to do his work.

Equally stupid would be using a story that is on TV coming up in the news
tonight.  It appears that there was some kind of disaster where people would
have been killed except that they had left the building in the hour before
whatever happened.  (IE, without daylight savings time, they would have
died).