Re: DST and My Computers

"Jeff Volp" wrote:

> Our autosets did change.  Unfortunately, they all went back 1 week and
ahead
> 2 hours.  Figure that one out.  Now the autoset can't find a time
reference
> at all.  The station that provides the time reference probably killed it
> because the data was bad.

(-:  That should serve as a reminder this is only part one of a four part
play.  I suppose the next set of issues will arise when we cross the old DST
dateline in April.  I'm pretty certain I'll be adjusting some more clocks
during phase II as they discard my manual settings and try to autoset again.
Phase III will be when autosetters try to return to normal time too early
and then Phase IV will occur at the actual end of this year's DST follies,
the second week in November.  It's like four Y2K problems rolled into just a
few short months!  Thank you congress.  Gee, I wish I had a job where I
could campaign for president for two years instead of working and STILL GET
PAID!

My intense dislike for DST comes from a job where I had to drive right into
the morning sun.  Pressing the DST reset button meant I had to put up with
the sun blinding me four times a year instead of just twice.

If there's ever a valid cost-benefit analysis of DST, I think it will be
clear it's time to abandon this little ritual.

--
Bobby G.