Re: DST and My Computers

(a) Download the timezone editor for Win98 from here
(http://www.softshape.com/cham/manual/tzedit.htm). It is a
self-extracting zip-executable. I would just extract the files into the
Windows directory and leave them there.

(b) Run tzedit.exe. It should pop-up showing our timezone (GMT - 8)
selected. If not, select it. Then press the edit button. Set the start
day to be Second Sunday of March at 2am. Set the last day to First
Sunday of November at 2am. Press OK, then close the Time Zone editor.

(c) Very important - you are not done yet. Right click the start bar
clock and choose adjust (or Date/Time from the control panel). Choose
another timezone (say Arizona) and press ok/apply. Then choose back our
real time zone (GMT - 8). This causes the info changed by step (b) to be
read.

You are done. This is a summary of the manual procedure shown at MS
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387/).

David