Re: Fluorescent Bulbs Are Known to Zap Domestic Tranquillity; Energy-Savers a Turnoff for Wives

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 08:35:51 -0400, "Robert Green"
<ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<QMCdnWVXRZ-OKPfbnZ2dnUVZ_vqpnZ2d@xxxxxxx>:

>For instance, you accuse me of being "sophomoric" and then
>turn right around and spell my name "Booby"

BobbyG attacks me for an accidental typo and then make a different typo in
the very same word in his personal attack on me. Hypercriticism breeds
hypocrisy ( c.h.a. notation is  hyp_3 --> hyp_4 ;-)

>and trot out your favorite animal insults about parrots and hippos.

Hippo-speak is a euphemism for other words that aren't nearly so gentle that
accurately apply to what BobbyG writes. The direct language is hyperbolic
hypothetical, hypersensitive hypocrisy.  Forthwith dubbed "hyp-speak" or
hyp-speak". (My choice -- BobbyG has used up his.)

I would think that BobbyG would prefer the gentler "sophomoric" to its
dictionary meaning.

Merriam Webster's Dictionary online definition :

"conceited and overconfident of knowledge but poorly informed and immature"

The words that BobbyG omitted were the central ones of "overconfident of
knowledge but poorly informed". I wonder why <not!> ;-)

>in case it's one of the big "S"
>words like "schadenfreude" that apparently confuses you.

No it is not. I succinctly wrote what I meant and meant what I wrote in
when I used the word "schadenfreude" several years ago, as it related to my
judgment of the motives a different person. As I wrote then, I wrote what I
meant and I meant what I wrote. BobbyG is not privy to the all interactions
that lead me to that conclusion demonstrating once again that BobbyG is
"overconfident of knowledge but poorly informed".

>People who are conceited have a profound need to tell others of their great
accomplishments, whether asked to or not.

Probably true. But not all people who explain their accomplishments,
experiences and credentials are conceited.

For example, folks who pretend to be doctors and dentists and attorneys and
can't produce credentials can go to the slammer.

One could probably google up the entire 'book ' contents of a four-year
medical degree. Does BobbyG think that would make him an MD ?

>You'll often find them using
>needlessly large words in an effort to demonstrate how much smarter (they
>think) they are than everyone else.

ROTFL "Using needlessly large words"? It doesn't take a high school degree to
know that "sophomore" is shorter than "ninth-grader".

And BobbyG is  "overconfident of knowledge but poorly informed" if he thinks
that there is a shorter word that is a direct English equivalent to the other
"S" word that puzzles him. I spoke German before English, but forgot most of
it, but still know that as German words go, schadenfreude ain't all that
long. I also know from actual life-long personal experience in communicating
in a variety of languages that sometimes there is no good translation.

>People who are immature resort to frequent name calling and barnyard humor,
even in adult situations.  Clear now?

Barnyard? What barnyard?  Did I inadvertently touch a raw nerve with the
'hippo" usage on some other grounds?  If so, I apologize.

Henceforth I will use "hyp-speak" or "hyp-talk" as a euphemism for
hypothetical, hyperbolic, hypercritical, hypocrisy. I like the coinage in
part because it is gentler that those words by themselves. And besides, it
better meets BobbyG's need for short words.

"He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him. "
"He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him. "

and so on ...

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.EControl.org