Re: Roomba DirtDog

"David White" <whitedavidp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:W7ydncnLM5n6hf3bnZ2dnUVZ_vHinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> And how does this work on mold/mildew stains? I have been using a
> squeegee for years and I still get it (albeit at a reduced rate). Have
> been thinking of keeping a micro-fiber towel around to towel off the
> shower as an alternative.

Even more importantly, how can it be automated?  When I read BF's comment
about how poorly the spray had worked for him, compared to AZ's much more
positive experience, I realized a lot probably has to do with soap type,
shower design, shower wall materials, water mineral content, body chemistry
and a lot more.  It would seem the best way to automate the process *is* to
rinse the scum with a detergent and mildewcide.

A little scrubbing robot would be nicer!  A rail around the edges of the
shower near the top could serve as the guide track for a scrubber that works
vertically the way the Roomba work horizontally, but exerting enough
pressure sideways to actually clean anything might be a hard thing to do.
Someday, we'll have a robotic arm or two suspended from the ceiling or
jutting out from the walls that will not only clean the shower, but scrub
your back and whatever else needs doing.  Until then, I'd seriously consider
the "scrubbing bubbles" unit if it made a dent in the problem.

Anybody ever tried treating their shower walls with Rain-X?  It does a
remarkable job on car windshields.  It would probably be pretty easy to test
a small area, a few tiles square, to see if it helps.  As AZ pointed out,
the starting condition of the wall probably has a big effect on how well the
"scrubbing bubbles work."  Yet another "science project" works its way onto
my geometrically expanding "to do" list . . .

--
Bobby G.