Re: Fluorescent Bulbs Are Known to Zap Domestic Tranquillity; Energy-Savers a Turnoff for Wives

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:04:54 -0400, "Robert Green"
<ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<-o6dnUIPwK_d1PDbnZ2dnUVZ_u3inZ2d@xxxxxxx>:

>Excuse me?  When someone says a person is "parroting someone else" that's
>an insult.  It clearly implies they have no intelligence of their own.
>Whenthey spell "Bobby" as "Booby" (which your apologia oddly omits, as if
>it never happened because it undermines your rather novel interpretation
>of recent posts), it's the same sort of juvenile insult.

BobbyG: You take grave insult where none is meant:

1) I not infrequently  say of myself "I can only parrot xyz and etc "
referring to myself. I am not insulting myself. I am using an expression
that conveys very well what I am trying to say.

2) You are wrong. I did *not* write "Booby". It never happened. When I
first saw that you had written that, my initial reaction "Durn that spell
checker!" because _*I*_ know absolutely that I would never have done so
purposely.

I typically don't use the spell checker but I was catching up on ~six
weeks of your 'stuff' in a couple hours and thought it expedient. I noted
with irritation that it mangled "Leopold matrix" into Leopoldville matrix"
and I figgered that it also mangled my typo of your name into a word that
was in the dictionary but unfortunate in this context.

So I ran a global search with my newsreader Agent on my local copies of my
posts. Didn't come up. So I ran a Google groups search on the newsgroup.
Didn't come up. A best I can determine, until this post, you BobbyG are
the only person to have ever written "Booby" in the context of your name.
Go figger.

This reminds me of an incident which, in retrospect, is pretty funny. I
was hosting a meeting and was busy getting ready for it and had lost track
of the exact time when a colleague arrived.

Colleague: "Sorry I'm late".

Me: "Oh, I thought you were [a common, polite word that is the opposite of
late]."

Colleague: (With look of cold disgust) "You can do better than that, Marc"

Me: (Look of puzzlement and mortification. I was ready for the meeting. I
wasn't making excuses. And besides, I was doing folks a favor and well, I
was almost ready to go. What the ...????"

Colleague: (Sheepish look... He prolly though that he was too harsh)

Marc: (Busted out laughing when I realized that his last name was exactly
that word which is the antonym of 'late'.)

Colleague: (Back to looking annoyed, thinking I was laughing because I
thought my joke funny.)

T'ainy rate, took my using non-verbal cues pointing with my finger to my
head and shaking my head for him to realize that I was not trying to make
a joke on his last name --  a joke that he'd probably heard way too many
times before to have much patience with. In other words a case of
hypersensitivity if you will.  Oops! There he goes again. Durn me ;-) But
it's *exactly* the right word! What to do ?

BoobyG: If it helps, here's ammo for you. Whaddya think I do when folks
call me the H U L K ? It's a one letter typo too but not as easy to
reproduce by accident as a double "oo" instead of double "bb" as in your
case.

(Answer:  Makes me turn Green. -- Oh Lordy, Lordy.  Now what have I done
??? ;-)

BobbyG: There is no malice intended. Honest. We've gone through this
before. ROTFL means that. A winky ;-) means < joke intended> -- to me at
least ;-)

Let's try to stick to the substance of home automation, OK?

Take Care ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org