Re: AV & Media Room Design

> By all means make sure the equipment is
> mounted such that you can get to both the
> front and the back without a lot of hassle...

Another consideration is lighting in the rack
closet.  Rather than a standard ceiling fixture
I installed fluorescent lights.  Since there are
heavy items like amps and receivers going in
there, use protected fixtures.  I've used
"under-cabinet" fixtures, mounted vertically
on each side, to light my racks.

Some folks like gooseneck fixtures (a few
rack makers offer 19" rack-mounted power
supplies with goose neck lamps attached).
I find fluorescents give more even lighting.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics