Re: Controlling Hot Water Recirculation Pumps

I used to have one of those and it was made by Grudfos - a top brand. It
is designed for continuous operation so that's not a problem.  A timer
would be located either on the pump or where it's plugged in or some
point on the circuit feeding it.  What I did was to simply plug it into
an appliance module.  Doing that it could be controlled as any other X10
device.  When we set the alarm to go out or go to sleep the pump would
turn off.  It would turn on again at our normal wake up time and then
stay off most of the day till dinnertime.