Re: Best Low-Light Low-Cost Security Camera?

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:16:37 -0000, gmark <gmark@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Anybody have recommendations for a low-cost security camera that's
>actually good in low light?
>
>Are the units integrating IR LEDs any good?
>
>TIA!
>
>Mark

I have one of those round bullet shaped wireless IR cameras I found on
Ebay for about $10, they are usually more like $30 or so. If you are
looking at something within 15 feet or less you can tell the
difference between a cat and a raccoon but don't expect much more than
that. It is more like something you would use to see if the wind
tripped your motion light or whether it was a crtitter, human or
otherwise.. I doubt the picture would be evidence in court.