Re: 2 way PF like module?

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 20:30:23 -0700, AZ Woody wrote:

> This got me thinking..  Does anyone make a module like the Powerflash
> that is 2-way? (responds to a status request).  Not only would it send
> an on/off when it's input changes, but could be checked for on/off status!
>
> Just dreaming, I know.....

The closest thing I knew of was Smarthome's IOLinc, which is now
apparently out of production.  It had four channels.  A contact-
closure interface cable was required for each channel, which added
quite a bit to the cost.  (There were other interface cables for
different types of sensors.)  It had outputs also, so was like a
combo Powerflash/Universal Module.

Another less reliable solution is to plug a Powerflash and 2-way
Appliance Module set to the same address into a power strip.
(The Smarthome 2-way Appliance Module with its pass-through
outlet would have been convenient for this.)

Regards,
Charles Sullivan