Re: Feeding audio signals into phone lines

Bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Bill Geluso) wrote:

>I have a question about one possible solution to my problem:  My DOS
>computer has an internal modem that has an on-board speaker, which I
>can use to hear the audio output from the phone line very clearly.
>Is there an internal modem that has some sort of input jacks?

OK, I found the speakerphone modem, installation instructions, and software
(including DOS voice and fax software). If your PC has an ISA slot, I think
this will do what you want. It was working fine when I removed it but that
was a few years back. All I need is an address to ship to. You may need
someone with a Windows machine with JavaScript active to help you. Go to my
web page at...

     http://davehouston.net

and send me an e-mail using the "Contact:" link at the top-right of the main
page.

It's a Diamond Multimedia SupraExpress 56i SP. It requires an ISA slot. In
addition to phone jacks it has a microphone jack and a speaker jack. I do
not recall for sure but think it needs amplified speakers (i.e. the speaker
jack is really Line-Out).

You can read about it here...

     http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,3890-page,4-c,modems/article.html

Does your PC have a soundcard? If it's a SB16 or later, the TTS software
from Creative will work  with it but, as best I recall, this required
Windows.