Re: Control occupancy sensor/motion sensor using Powerlinc V2 controller

arnie <parvezat6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Thanks for the reply
>Corresponding to the message received by PLC as a result of the motion
>sensor/transceiver combination, how can i identify from which motion
>sensor the plc has received the message since it may be that more than
>one motion sensor may be present. Do there exists any kind of identity
>in the message that identifies the sending duo [motion sensor/
>transceiver].
>Arnie

If you read the programming instructions for the PMS02 that I referenced
earlier, it should become clear. On sensing motion, the sensor sends an ON
code to a user programmed address. After a user programmed interval, it
sends an OFF code to the same address. On sensing dawn (or any light) it
sends an OFF code to an address that is one unit code higher than the motion
address and at dusk (or lack of light) it sends an ON to that higher
address. If you place the sensor where it can "see" the lamp controlled by
motion, it will "think" it's dawn when the lamp turns on and dusk when it
turns off, leading to confusion.