Re: which x10 transceiver module to use?

> With three phase power, the zero crossings are 120=B0 apart in phase with=
 none
> coincident in time, and you need to couple each phase with each other pha=
se.
> Your PLC interface only sends for a single phase so you will need a
> different PLC interface for a 3-phase system.

Absolutely; besides the coupling, its an issue of timing; as Dave
pointed out, the first signal is synchronised with the zero crossing
of the phase the device is on. However, the 2nd and the 3rd 'copies'
are sent 2.8ms and 5.6 ms respectively. This is so that in a 60 Hz 3
phase system, they would synchronise with the zero crossings on the
other 2 phases. Now, in a 50 Hz setup, the devices on the other phases
would be looking for a signal at a slightly wrong time, and would
therefore miss it. Fortunately, the signal burst itself is 1 ms wide,
so I have been able to get away with this issue *most* of the times,
as long as good coupling between the phases exist.

Regards,

Anand