Re: Split phase voltage fluctuations

Robert L Bass wrote:
>>Sounds like a good ad for underground service!
>

> You can have problems with underground service as well, especially if you live in colder regions.  Where the cable rises above the
> frost line it can be damaged over time.  There's more of an affect on communications cable but problems with AC power are not
> unheard of.

Yep.

Around here all the first generation underground suburban residential
services (circa 1970) had to be replaced. Insulation failure due to
rodents or deterioration caused all sorts of wild problems.

I am not totally convinced that underground is the panacea that it is
made out to be. Failures occur in both systems and underground takes
much longer to fix. Of course underground failures don't usually happen
all at once like a big wind or ice storm can cause. A few major
earthquakes could change that...