[no subject]

> Using glow-in-the-dark pigs for lighting makes more sense than CFLs. At
> least, when the price of corn gets too high (from subsidized ethanol
> demand), you can convert the pigs to bacon.

But Dave, you're forgetting that aside from the excellent compatibility that
every CFL offers for every electronic switch, you get a chance to dump some
mercury into the environment when you're through enjoying the wonderful
effects of an aging CFL bulb.  Thrill to the flicker, bask in the steadily
diminishing light output and steadily increasing warm up times, revel in the
slight buzzing sound from the base.  Then there's the excitement of the
gamble:  will the new bulb be an X-10 signal sucker, noise generator, both
or neither?  Who doesn't love a CFL? (/sarcasm off!)

> Read George Monbiot's "Heat: How to Stop the Planet from Burning" if you
> want to get an idea of how much trouble is coming - soon.

My utility bills confirm it.  The 1963 World's Fair "Futurama" exhibit was
very optimistic indeed when it predicted "a world powered by nearly free
nuclear energy!"

--
Bobby G.