Re: Automation from the road...

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 11:17:06 -0500, Marc_F_Hult
<MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<gk0iq25sjsnaelg65phrc00139j4f85jka@xxxxxxx>:

>On 13 Jan 2007 05:47:58 -0800, sousa_jon@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote in message
><1168696078.831399.198350@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>>This guy has some fun ideas. He built internet access into his car.
>>Sounds like he wants to hook into a home automation setup from his
>>Jeep. More specifically I think he wants control over his crock pot...
>>
>>http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9007824
>

>His setup looks to be the sort of cobbled together HA stuff that doesn't
work
>reliably even when stationary.
>
>Ford has announced a partnership with Microsoft to create a system called
>Sync:
>
>http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040_22-6147857.html
>
>http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=25168&make_%20id=trust
>
>This could evolve into a standardized PC environment for cars and(or), as
>others have pointed out, an upsurge in wrecker sales.

This 2005 article shows how "Ford squeezes an office into a truck"
"http://news.com.com/Ford+squeezes+an+office+into+a+truck/2100-11389_3-5925840.html?tag=st.bp.story

The accompanying  "Big Picture" interactive graphic usefully shows the
relation to other technologies and emerging trends.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org