Re: Why deliberately shorting equipment to blow breakers might be a bad idea . . .

In article <1168609848.061852.47100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
spamTHISbrp@xxxxxxxxx says...

> If everything is "to code", aside from the personal hazard to the one
> doing the shorting, this practice should be completely safe.

Unless, while specified to code, the breaker panel is one that tolerates
currents grossly in excess of the nominal capacity of the breakers.

(Our house had an untrippable Zinsco panel when we bought it.)

--
josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/>