Re: X-10 RF Freq Mod

"Just Another Joe" <address@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> With the Hawkeye in the room, pressing palmpad buttons often resulted in
> no action.  When I removed the Hawkeye from the room, palmpad operation
> returned to normal.

You've just discovered the basic flaw of the Hawkeyes.  They do not simply
detect your *first* entry into a room.  Every time you move, they put data
on the line.  Worse, still, is that you're almost always moving when you
reach for a PalmPad or other controller, so the opportunity for collisions
where a Hawkeye can see another X-10 transmitter are high.

I had hoped with the advent of the variable timer, they would simply detect
startup motion and then not send another command until the timed period had
expired, but instead, they keep on sending RF and X-10 signals as you move
about in their presence.   That's quite enough traffic to step on commands
from other controllers.  If you have any sort of logging facility like
Activehome or a Monterey analyzer, you'll see the incredible increase in
X-10 traffic as soon as even a single Hawkeye is put on line.

Perhaps a circuit mod that disabled the PIR element until the OFF signal is
sent via the Hawkeye's internal timer would help.

--
Bobby G.