Re: SOT: looking for good cordless phone sets

Marc_F_Hult <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>flip writes:
>>It uses standard rechargeable batteries?! Sweet...
>Oops .. no. But we never have any problem with running out of charge either.
blast! that would have been a big one.

>>Looks like the "multiple handsets talking at once" is called
>>"conference call" on most of the advertisements. What i want is say
>>for my wife and me to be able to talk to a person on the phone at the
>>same time, each from a handset.
>Then why not just get four cordless phones?  They don't need to be
>coordinated or part of a set. Just wire them in parallel or daisy chain.

Convenience/elegance/power usage/space considerations...

I'd rather not deal with 4 base units at one location with the phone jack.
Also, we'd rather have the phone unit chargers where they are
typically used, hung up most of the time. Those locations don't have
phone jacks, thus the desire for 1 base unit, with remote charging
stations for at least 2 other phones. Also, 1 basestation means that
the phones are less likely to interfere with each other... at least
you'd like to think the people making it would design it so.  Finally, not
a listed requirement, but being able to page the other handset is a
"good thing", and that's practically a given with multi-unit sets,
which is why i didn't originally list that as a
requirement.... my bad.

Thanks for your suggestions though!

--
flip
Just on the border of your waking mind, There lies - Another time,