Re: Yet another empty gesture

At least California has done many other things which actually do save
significant amounts of energy and make significant reductions in greenhouse
emissions. California figures are about 30% better than the US average and
would be better yet if the current federal administration hadn't blocked
some of their efforts regarding automobile efficiency standards.

Cuba and Venezuela have also mandated CFLs.

While the CFIs push CFLs the US electric power industry is planning to build
150 coal-fired generating plants which will only make the greenhouse effect
worse...

     http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/21/business/21coal.html?ref=science

BTW, most of Australia's electric power comes from dirty coal-fired
generators.

http://davehouston.net