Re: Power monitoring device

"intergate news groups" <djraher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I just found two power monitoring devices, one for the main power meter and
>one portable, that look really good. The one for the main power meter clamps
>the detector/transmitter to the glass cover of the meter and sends the
>information to the display inside the house. The portable unit has peak
>reading feature that others have mentioned as being useful. It also has a
>function to log the amount of time a device draws more then a set amount of
>power. You could track the time a refrigerator compressor is running for an
>example. Now if the main power meter transmission could be captured for the
>HA system all sorts of things are possible.  Take a look at:
>
>www.powercostmonitor.com
>
>Dennis

You'll catch less flak from self-appointed moderators if you search the
group before posting with wide-eyed exuberance.

Watts Up has been around for 3-4 years. It and other power meters have been
discussed here. IMO, it's a bit pricey - you're paying $100 for the RS232
(now USB) interface as compared to the Kill A Watt (previously mentioned in
the reefer madness thread) which can measure the same things (with better
accuracy unless the new USB model of Watts Up has improved on accuracy).

http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?productID=5382
http://www.supermediastore.com/kilwateldet1.html?WT.mc_id=AdWordsKillaWattkillawatt&WT.srch=1&gclid=CJnq6rKBtooCFQgTWAod5mZLuA

http://davehouston.net