Re: Need help with my CP290

In article <mpGdnV5v-8cudU7YnZ2dnUVZ_g-dnZ2d@xxxxxxx>, ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx (Robert Green) writes:

| Good call!  But I thought that the CP290 had serious timing issues outside
| of the DOS environment in which it was born?  Am I misremembering something?

The CP290's supposed timing issues are frequently mentioned, but I've used
one with a variety of unix systems without problem.  (I've never actually
used one with DOS. :)  I have to think that at least the faster Sun system
can send back-to-back bytes over the serial port (and I've never added a
delay) so that can't be the problem.  The CP290 does generate a response
to each command and you have to wait until that is done before sending an
additional command.  I think some software ignores the response and uses
busy-loop delays instead; that may be the source of the rumors.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com