Re: Need help with my CP290

No drivers for the cp290 - it used simple serial comm (send a string,
get a string).  IIRC, it was at 600 baud...

You're using the exact same HW as before the crash?  (I mean the
computer).  Some of the new serial ports don't like this "slow speed".

Also, COM4 is an interesting thing.  In days gone by, the definition of
com3 and above was not always standard.

Does your BIOS see all the comm ports?  (you may need to muck with the
port address/irq at that level).

Also, I seem to recall that there was a way to say "com4 is at port 3f8
IRQ 3" from within windows...  Something I've not used in a
longggggggggggg time.

One thing to try is to connect a modem to your com4, and use term or
hypertem to see if you can talk to it.  That's a way to insure that all
is set up bios and windows wise...

Anyway, no solution here, but maybe a couple things that might spark
some other thoughts!