Re: Refrigerator monitor ideas?

In article <8lhas2lpcg89er2qp25dbdpm2ep965p2bl@xxxxxxx>, MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Marc_F_Hult) writes:
| On 3 Feb 2007 22:08:35 GMT, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote in message
| <1338510@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
|

| >I replaced the KitchenAid with a SubZero which was very expensive but
| >which has entirely separate cooling systems for the refrigerator and
| >freezer sections.
|
| The first and only refrigerator I've ever bought new in 35+ years of
| ownership is the SubZero I have now. Eight years ago I set the freezer at 0F
| and the fridge at 35F and every time I open the door, that's what the display
| reads.

I have it at -2 & 36.  I do note that it is higher after a prolonged power
failure, leading me to believe that it is actually telling me the truth.

| About two years the display amazed me by also telling me to vacuum the
| coil! Which I did. And the notice on the panel went off. No reset button. It
| jist knew (or faked it very well).

Mine did this as well.  Naturally I believed that there was something else
wrong and the clever controller was just displaying the only message it
had, but indeed when I vacuumed the coils it was happy.  Now I vacuum
slightly more often (but still only every year or so).  It's a nice machine,
thought for $5k+ it should be.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com