Re: Refrigerator monitor ideas?

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 11:12:20 GMT, nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote in
message  <45c5be6b.1293035578@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>My wattmeter tells me it draws 112 watts when running.
>
>It would be interesting to see what your Kill A Watt meter shows for 24
>hours in kWh mode. You could then calculate annual kWh and compare it to the
>hypothetical figures bandied about by bureaucrats and ivory tower academics.

RTOFL  Hypothetical? One article I mentioned presents data from detailed,
time-averaged field measurement of the actual in-home power usage of 5000
refrigerators in daily use in the metro area in which Dave lives. With an
emphasis on older units and low-income housing, it might even include actual
measurements of a certain curmudgeon's fridge ;-)

...Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECONtrol.org