Re: Refrigerator monitor ideas?

Robert L Bass wrote:

> The deice boots on a 737 don't help with ice on the trailing edges but that would not have mattered anyway.

A 737 doesn't have "deice boots", ninny.  It uses bleed air from the
engine compressors which is piped through ducts that exit along the
leading edges of the wings and horizontal stabilizer.  In flight the
system is very efficient (and prevents ice buildup on the wings and
trailing edge surfaces).  On the ground the airflow from the ducts
doesn't go very far and further reduces the power available for takeoff.
  The engine intakes are also heated with bleed air as well as
re-circulated engine oil (but to a very limited extent).  The fuel is
also heated before it enters the engine nacelle.  It makes it much
easier to vapourize in the combustion cans.  The same goes for the
hydraulic fluid which powers flight controls (it's also recirculated to
keep it warm).

> Someone I know claims to have snap-rolled a brand new 737 at low altitude after having borrowed same from Boeing.  :^)

The "someone you know" never claimed any such thing, but the someone I
know claims not to have pirated software on his website (more
specifically "his" server) and yet, it's there.  Tsk!