Re: LED Xmas lights and X10.. the final solution...

> Actually not quite $0, as a string of the mini-lights take more power than
> something like 10 strings of LEDS.

Based on that, the only 0$ solution would be  no lights <grin>.

> The LED strings I got do allow you to interchange lights (from Target -
> made by phillips), and while you can get the white (kind of blue) strings,
> to get a string of all red, you need to get about 5 strings and use the
> reds all in one..  You'll wind up with a string of orange (Halloween) and
> green (St Patty's Day)!  The ones I got look (in shape) like mini lights.

It would be great if they started making the lights interchangeable among
sets and selling sets with all one color (other than the orange for
Halloween).

It is amazing how fast the price has come down and how much better the
lights look compared with a few years ago.  I got ones that are labeled as
"C-6".  The colored plastic diffusers are smaller than C7 lights but bigger
than the plain mini lights and have prism shapes molded into the surface to
add a little sparkle.