[no subject]

> Thanks.  That's interesting information.  I always assumed that SS was
> magnetic.  Checking my major cookware, magnets don't stick to any of
> it.  :(

Most people don't realize that stainless can have different magnetic
properties than most other steels.  Of those that do, many think that all
stainless is not magnetic.

> I'm curious, though.  Do you feel that the level of control with an
> induction
> range equals gas?  Besides less gunk in the air, are there other
> advantages to induction cooking?

The bottom of the pan heats more evenly.
Mine is an old (15+ years)  and only has 10 power levels (one burner is
higher power than the others) but the lack of total control hasn't been a
problem.