Re: one wire sensors

Marc_F_Hult <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:jkhhb39cn74jio7uo7kphdga0atrlffjbu@xxxxxxx:

<snip>
> Of course it doesn't do that either ;-) but it does establish the order
> of the devices on the string. Folks with experience with one-wire
> devices may have experienced the problem of not knowing which devices
> are where once they've been installed.

Unfortunately, there is only one such device available.  It reports
temperature and has two I/O pins.  However, the I/O pins share with the
string order function.  Use them for string order, and you lose them for I/O,
leaving you with just a temperature sensor.

[To be fair, you can share the I/O pins for both string order and I/O as long
as you don't care what the I/O does during string order finding.  I think
that this eliminates these parts for most applications, including mine.  I
want string order and I/O, and temperature is just a nice bonus.  I know how
to do this trick with I2C parts but it takes more wires.]

Sigh.  So close.
<snip>

--
Ian Shef     805/F6      *    These are my personal opinions
Raytheon Company         *    and not those of my employer.