Re: Momentary contact switch using Insteon?

I don't believe it's possible or desirable. It would require continuous
powerline transmissions, blocking all other activity.

It would be possible if the switch itself sent a single on command when
depressed and an off command to the same address when released. This would
leave the powerline free while the switch was depressed but I'm unaware of
any Insteon switches that can do this.

You might get better answers to your Insteon questions on Smarthome's
Insteon Forum.

     http://www.techmall.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=9

What is it you want to do? If it's something that others might think useful,
Smarthome might respond by designing/programming a switch to accomplish it.
You might even be able to do it yourself if you buy their SDK although I
haven't really looked into whether this would indeed be possible without
changes to the hardware (i.e. I don't know whether it can sense switch press
and release).