Re: XTB-II Enhanced Repeater

Hello Bobby.

The newsgroup has been pretty dead lately - nice to see some activity again.

I'm planning to address the broadcast storm in the following way:

If the same command is repeated constantly for at least 30 seconds, the
XTB-IIR will shut down its transmitter, and send a command out the digital
port indicating the shutdown.  The command will be a "Status OFF" issued on
the housecode selected for XTB-IIR mode control programming - default is P.
Your CPU-XA can watch for that command, and issue an audible warning when it
happens.  It could also log the exact time, which might be helpful to
diagnose the problem.  The XTB-II will continue to monitor X10 traffic, and
will resume operation when the storm has been cleared.

Jeff