[no subject]

Dan points out that might not be the case as he's seen wall switches suffer
from interference that did not register on the ESM1 so without a scope or
analyzer, it's very hard to say for sure. With that strong a signal, I now
feel it's some bizarre phase effect of the repeater, and not the low signal
that I originally thought.

My advice at the point would be to try one of Jeff Volp's XTB II's and yank
the Leviton.  When I had trouble with mine their tech support rather rudely
said "We only guarantee it to work with other Decora Home Control devices -
not X-10 manufactured equipment" to which I replied "Thank you.  I'll be
sure NEVER to buy another piece of Leviton equipment!"  And I haven't.  Both
the repeater and the Decora all housecode transmitter are in the same Ebay
"to be sold" box.  Since then I have purchased a number of the XTB I's and
have been deliriously happy with them.  I may even eventually buy the XTB II
as well.

I would report this problem to GE, BTW, just to see what they say.  X-10 and
Home Depot are both popular enough that it's likely others have hit this
same wall.  If you pull the model number off the unit's ID plate, I'll even
send them a note, saying "I was about to buy this GE water heater when I
read
about all the troubles this poor guy was having."  I've found "about to buy"
gets much more attention than "I bought."

--
Bobby G.