Re: Driveway warning/alert

Steve wrote:
> "Al Schmidt" <kd6nt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> I currently have an X10 driveway motion sensor. It detects way too many
>> things, clouds, neighbors, birds...
>> I guess I need an positive beam breaking system. Anyone have one they
>> like?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Al
>

> Consider Cartel detectors.  Best out there.  Get them at Worthington

Another vote for Cartel.  I've used three of them (they detect direction
  of motion on a "Y" shaped road) for over 5 years and never had a
problem.  Since they respond to ferrous metals, they don't detect
people, animals, etc., only vehicles.  Mine are buried about 1 foot down
in a gravel road with the cable in pvc conduit.
--

Larry
rapp at lmr dot com