Re: Chattering Super Sockets

In article <kYmdnYC1-5lvTq3bnZ2dnUVZ_tWhnZ2d@xxxxxxx>, ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx (Robert Green) writes:

| Bought a few used and new SR227 X-10 wall outlet modules.  Tested them
| separately before installing by hookup to a line cord.  All was well.  Wired
| them into a duplex outlet box at the end of a run, pigtailed together and
| they (I think it's only one, actually) started chattering.
|
| I've read X-10 appliance/wall socket module chattering is almost always
| considered a mechanical issue, but why would they test cleanly one by one
| and then chatter when in place?

With some of the relay wall switches (which use a very similar cam mechanism)
I've found that the stress of mounting (or even just pulling on the wires
as you arrange them in a box) can change the operation from marginally fine
to chattering.  Mounting them too tightly is usually a mistake; it can
distort the frame just enough...

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com