Re: SignaLinc Repeater 3-Wire Dryer - No Dim with Active Home Programs

ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:

>In article <sl2Wh.5007$2v1.1466@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, actodesco@xxxxxxxxx (Art Todesco) writes:
>
>| So Dan, things like the 1132CU have
>| these similar problems?
>
>The 1132 is itself a controller so you probably wouldn't be using it
>with Active Home [Pro].  The last generation of problem involved some
>SwitchLincs not responding to CM11a (Active Home) macros because of
>(it seemed) a disagreement on the minimum gap between codes.  As I
>said, I'm having difficulty imagining what they could consider wrong
>with a particular string of DIM/BRI commands since there aren't a whole
>lot of choices in how to structure such.  Also, from the original
>poster's description it isn't a matter of merely failing to repeat the
>sequence since the DIM/BRI works without the repeater.  They must be
>actively stepping on the signal.  I wonder if they could be colliding
>with every other DIM/BRI, turning the sequence into a (perhaps invisible)
>number of microDIMs?  The light does turn on so something is getting through.

I thought it was Leviton rather than Smarthome who was unhappy with X-10's
flexi-gap. IIRC it was their explanation for their HCA02/10E woes.

Collisions are a plausible explanation and were my first thought, too, but
this is one of those repeaters that amplifies in realtime so it's hard to
imagine how it gets out of sync every other 22 half cycles.

An ESM1 might be useful.