Re: Water heater eating X-10 signal

On Apr 18, 9:48 am, nob...@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote:
> ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:
> >In article <04YUh.314346$5j1.274...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, JeffV...@xxxxxxx (Jeff Volp) writes:
>
> >| That's an interesting thought regarding 240V modules.
>
> >Incidentally, it isn't my thought; I'm sure I read it somewhere though
> >I can't remember where.  So I wasn't surprised when I saw how the
> >CR230 was built.
>
> Phil Kingery mentions phase-to-phase cancellation and 240V modules in at
> least one of his coupler/repeater articles.
>
>      http://www.hometoys.com/htinews/jun97/articles/kingery/kingery3.htm

> roZetta-subscr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have not tried removing the coupler, I'll give that a shot and post
my results.  By the way, it's a Leviton coupler (sorry, don't have the
exact model # at hand, but I do remember it has a black face.)

I do happen to have an ESM-1 - I'll try to use that to supply more
info.

Thanks very much for the help - and for the interesting technical
discussion (although I must admit I was left in the dust about halfway
through.)